The Nebraska College Preparatory Academy (NCPA) provides academic, social and college support. Students in NCPA will have the opportunity to:
- Follow a college-preparatory academic schedule throughout high school.
- Receive direct academic and personal support from an NCPA staff member.
- Attend interactive summer camps at the University of Nebraska–Lincoln.
- Participate in community service and leadership activities.
- Be paired with a peer mentor.
Scholars who successfully complete NCPA requirements and maintain basic eligibility requirements will receive full financial assistance to pay the cost of college—including tuition, books, room and board, and fees (approximately $21,875/year for up to five years).
- Current 8th grade student.
- Qualify for the free or reduced-price lunch program.
- Nebraska resident and U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen.
- Is considering attending Grand Island Senior High School or Omaha North/South Magnet High School.
- Has B average or above in middle school classes of math, science, social studies and English.
- Prepared to take Algebra 1-2 as a freshman.
- Be prepared for honors courses freshman year.